Below you will find the updated ” Favored Stocks ” list as compiled with Lange Financial Services. Our long standing investment policy has been to accumulate stocks from this list during periods of weakness. These companies represent solid growth candidates and also can be used as good trading vehicles for those individuals with the risk […]
1. LOOKING BACK – Over the 300 months ending 2/28/14 (i.e., the last 25 years), the S&P 500 has been up 65% of the months and down the other 35% of the months. The period includes the 2000-02 bear market (down 49%) and the 2007-09 bear market (down 57%). The S&P 500 consists of 500 […]
New Feature. Real Time Twitter Feed Of Trading And Market Comments From Fred Lange. Valuable Information And Very Worthwhile.
The Wall And Broad Report is very fortunate to have Fred Lange of Lange Financial Services as a frequent contributor to the site. Mr. Lange was the Director Of Research for Blair & Company in N.Y.C. He went on to manage the Neuwirth Fund- the number one performing fund in the world during the time […]
Byron Wien Announces Predictions for Ten Surprises for 2014 New York, NY, January 6, 2014. Byron R. Wien, Vice Chairman, Blackstone Advisory Partners, today issued his list of Surprises for 2014. This is the 29th year Byron has given his views on a number of economic, financial market and political surprises for the coming year. […]
Van Eck Hotline on Money and the Economy For: Monday, December 30, 2013 (800) 219-1333. VetHotline@aol.com. www.vanecktillman.com After a volatile year for the markets and the economy, things are winding down quietly this week. The bulls defied the odds – taking stocks to new all-time highs, despite some disappointing action in corporate earnings and anemic […]
How To Bank Safely Online Rob Pegoraro, Special for USA TODAY 7:03 a.m. EST December 30, 2013 Approach your online security with the right frame of mind. Q. What’s the safest way to do my online banking: over a wired connection, powerline networking or Wi-Fi? A. The answer doesn’t matter as much as you might […]
Closing Market Summary: Stocks End Strong Week on Upbeat Note The major averages capped a solid week with a broad advance. The S&P 500 added 0.5%, extending its weekly gain to 2.7%. Equities spent the entire session in a steady climb after the final reading of third quarter GDP sparked a broad-based rally. The report […]
Van Eck Hotline on Money and the Economy For: Monday, December 16, 2013 (800) 219-1333. VetHotline@aol.com. www.vanecktillman.com For a while during the past few weeks, Wall Street began to make sense regarding the Federal Reserve and tapering. Most of the economic data of late has come in stronger than expected. Inflation remains low (at least […]
The Economic Recovery Of 2013. Where Is The Employment Recovery? Great Synopsis And Statistics. A Good Read.
“The Economic Recovery Of 2013″ By: Zero Hedge | Monday, December 9, 2013 at 08:54 pm EST On Friday, it was announced that the unemployment rate had fallen to “7 percent”, and the mainstream media responded with a mix of euphoria and jubilation. For example, one USA Today article declared that “with today’s jobs report, […]
RBC CAPITAL MARKETS Employment And Tapering We were of the mind that tapering had virtually no chance of launching in December and following the November payroll number that narrative remains unchanged. The best you can say about this report is that it is another step in the direction toward tapering. But it will not usher […]
Van Eck Hotline on Money and the Economy For: Monday, December 9, 2013 (800) 219-1333. VetHotline@aol.com. www.vanecktillman.com For a while now, I have been calling for the U.S. economy to perform better than expected – and thus put pressure on the Federal Reserve to kick off QE tapering. If you think back to a few […]
Stocks Push Higher, But Bubble Fears Are Unwarranted By: Russ Koesterich, Managing Director Stocks edge Higher, With the Nasdaq breaching 4,000 For the eighth consecutive week, stocks posted gains despite continued mixed economic data. In recent weeks, we’ve been noting that the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 Index have been regularly notching […]
LANGE FINANCIAL SERVICES MARKET AND TRADING BRIEFING. SUNDAY DECEMBER 1, 2013 6:00PM Predictions of a correction are widespread including bullish and bearish contingents. Bubbles are a concern of many, especially by those who missed the rally or were wrong in their predictions. Yes there are some excesses but not enough to derail the market at […]